Ok, I've made the decision to use XML as the format to pass data between
objects in my application.  This approach seems to have lots of advantages
as opposed to using lists of parameters or structures.  My question now is
how and why use XSD's and XSL.

1.      Is there a better list to post this to?
2.      XSD's don't seem to provide much benefit in a stand-alone
application besides helping create test data via tools like xmlSpy.  I don't
even see how in ColdFusion you can validate an XML using an associated XSD.
And it doesn't look like XSL documents are based off of an XSD, so you still
have to validate if field lengths, etc using code.  Am I missing something
here?
3.      Lastly, since the XSL doesn't use data off of the XSD, it appears to
be just a different, not necessarily better, mechanism for displaying data.
I am not sure of the value for me to learn this at this point in time and I
see no value in converting screens from CF/HTML to XSL/HTML.  Again, am I
missing something here?  What type of situations cry out for XSL vs.
CF/HTML?

Thanks,

Andy