Okay also.. about my MS question.

I have a form with about 25 check boxes.. so the processing of checking if
they are checked, etc.. makes my one template run at about 600-800ms.. while
every other template on the site runs at around 200ms or less.

The db time is 0-20ms.. so it's very fast.

I am doing the following:

test.cfm?action=insert
action can be, insert, update, delete.

action is a cfswitch and each switch loads up 3 include files.. about 40k in
total include text with about 2-3 quick db calls.  the 3 include files
include all the large code to check the checkboxes out, etc. and a header
and footer.

this takes upwards of 800ms... I've never written anything so far that took
over 400ms or so on this machine.

is my coding bad?  is 800ms slow?

thanks,

jake