How about just an Array CFC that has an internal array variable.
Since it's the CFC being passed, you get the pass-by-reference.  You
could build whatever extra methods you wanted on it as well as the
required accessor/modifier methods.  Basically you'd  be rewriting
java.util.Vector with a CFC so that CF won't clone it all over the
place like it does with real Vectors.

cheers,
barneyb

--