From: Ken Ferguson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:36 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Credit card storage

I think your best bet is to set the customers' accounts up with your
processor as recurring payments on a variable timescale, then you can
store just the last 4 digits of their card(s) and their account_id in
the processor's system. Then when they want to pay for something you
show them a list of their "card numbers" like:

Select from your credit cards on file:

and when you submit the transaction you're just hitting your processor
for the recurring account. This way the processor is the one storing the
financial data and you are protected from liability...

--Ferg