From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Credit card storage

On 9/22/05, Mark Fuqua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For what it's worth...I think Bank of America uses CF for a good part of
> thier site. They should be able to point you to someone who can help you
> interface CF with CF.

You're right they do. But the people who do the merchant support have no
connection or contact with the people who build the BofA web site. You can
bet I pointed that out a few times.

I can't tell you how many people I went thru over there, almost all of which
told me how CF was a toy language and why am I not using ASP etc. etc. I
wound up moving up the ladder until I finally, actually spoke to their
senior developer and he seeme to be the only one with any level of CF
knowledge. And even that didn't help. Or at least not all the way. There was
stuff like they required the browser to send a referrer, and they expected
it to be "cgi.http_referrer". Note the extra 'r' in the varname. There were
flaws in their docs that had to be worked around once discovered...

In the end Dave Watts put the final pieces in place when I was 90% of the
way there, completely out of gas and posted here.

And now they've redone it to Cybersource... I looked over the docs not so
long ago and I don't think I have ever seen a more complex payment gateway
interface, ever.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems