>One thing that immediately jumps out at me is your POST line.  HTTP
>spec doesn't include the entire URL in the POST, only the path info.
>So this:
>   POST http://xyz.xyz.com/1.cfm HTTP/1.0
>should actually be:
>   POST /1.cfm HTTP/1.0
>   Host: xyz.xyz.com

do you know of a resource for something like this? I would like to verify
my GET requests also

>There's no Content-Type header in your request.  Try adding:

bingo. I added that (even with all my other oops), and it worked. thanks :)

>Your POST data isn't URL encoded.  For the body of your HTTP request,
>try:
>date_id=2000%2D09%2D21

I will actually be receiving the data encoded already. Thanks for pointing
this out though..

>I think among those three things, you should be able to get a
>successful POST.  CF is a far more picky beast than Perl is,
>unfortunately...

I am much more use to PERL (and PHP now) when CF. At least I know what is
going on in them :)

thanks...

benji

---