Okay...

This is related to my original post about image manipulation, but is NOT
asking about a specific program.

My question is that since SO MANY people look for image manipulation in
their programming language, why don't more developers add this feature into
their language. Even PHP doesn't have this stuff natively (that I know of)
but does allow you to add it in via extra libraries.

So consider this an open letter to Macromedia/Adobe. Why isn't something
which is so desired by so many people added into your language? I could go
and pay $75 for an excellent codebase (Alagad's Image Component) but doesn't
it make sense to include this into the language itself? I just don't
understand it.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

andy matthews
web developer