> One of my customers has asked me to give him some figures on
> the performance improvements that would be possible if they
> moved from the current CF5 site to CF6.1 or CF7

Unfortunately, you're unlikely to find any useful numbers for this, since
performance differences are hugely dependent upon specific applications and
environments. You may find a vast improvement with your customer's
applications, or you may even find worse performance!

In any case, performance alone is probably not the best reason to upgrade.
There are many other, much better, reasons. The ability to write and use
CFCs is one - being able to structure your code in a more useful manner, and
being able to incorporate OO concepts within your code, may significantly
decrease the amount of time you spend maintaining that code.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/