Many screen readers for the blind, can't deal with DOM changes that happen
after an onLoad.  I'm not saying that javascript in and of itself makes a
page inaccessible, I'm saying that the requirement for a page to meet either
508 or WCAG accessibility guidelines require that the page work with
javascript disabled.

Section 508 has two paragraphs that can be construed with this in mind for
DHTML /Javascript
(d) Documents shall be organized so they are readable without requiring an
associated style sheet.
(l) When pages utilize scripting languages to display content, or to create
interface elements, the information provided by the script shall be
identified with functional text that can be read by assistive technology.

WCAG is more direct.
6.1 Organize documents so they may be read without style sheets. For
example, when an HTML document is rendered without associated style sheets,
it must still be possible to read the document. [Priority 1]
6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other
programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not
possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible page.
[Priority 1]

For more information see
Section 508
        http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Content&ID=12#Web