Well, refind and friends all return a position in the string.  I don't
know of a way to have the desired substring returned instead of the
position of the substring.  Are you saying you can use a look ahead to
have a substring returned from refind?

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.