From: Dave Watts
To: CF-Talk
Sent: 31/10/2005 16:50
Subject: RE: Philosophy Q: SP's or CFQUERY?

> This is through experience; try and run some CPU intensive
> processes and see how badly the DataDirect driver performs

I'm not sure what you mean by "CPU-intensive", since most of the work is
being done by the database. Are you simply referring to large
recordsets? If
so, are you also saying that fetching those same recordsets using inline
SQL
performs better? Again, this has not been my experience at all (so far -
perhaps I've been lucky). Also, when you say "large recordsets", how
much
data are you talking about? Again, I'm not trying to be critical - you
may
This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Oriel House, 26 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DL, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions.
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com