Good morning,

Could one of the guys who has done work with RoR work through the tutorials
for PLUM?  It seems to me the two have similar features. It would have to be
someone who doesn't mind working on a windows machine (rules out Sean, who
might be the best suited).

I really can't believe Ruby would be/could be quicker than PLUM.  It might
be more OO, but it can't be more RAD.  Do the mappings, point plum at your
database, spend an hour or so in the IDE and modifying the CSS files and
tweaking the generated code...and a HUGE amount of work is done.

You can have everything listed below, in less than 15 minutes, but to have
it the way you really want it will take a few hours.  But seriously, in a
few hours you can have all the below, formatted the way you want it.

Search, add, edit, delete, view and list pages for any table or group of
parent/child tables, done.

Qforms client side validation and server side validation, done.

Complete security system, by module, page or page section, real simple real
easy.  Along with emailing lost passwords and the whole shebang, done.

Verity search capabilities completely set up for you. With easy to
add/update indexes, done.

Plus easily generate unit testing and stored proceedures.

Plus a ton of custom tags which make development of most pages a piece of
cake.

Plus, the flexibility to not use any of the custom tag on any page you need
to do complicated coding for, Just put this line at the top of the page
<cfmodule template="#Request.layout#/Header.cfm" pageType="pageType">  ( the
pageType attribute determines layout and page level access) and the
application security and CSS and qforms stuff is there for your page.

I know this shows off my selfishness and insecurity more than I would like
to admit, but I am really torn between trying to make sure everyone gives
PLUM a good look and selfishly keeping this secret to myself.  So pay
attention, if you really want to see RAD, spend a day exploring PLUM.

David and Adam Churvis have created quite a labor of love.

www.productivityenhancement.com

Mark