Hello all,
I am in the process of trying to develop a new security model for a project
I am working on.  I've developed the base model with a hierarchy of
permissions to access areas of the application.  My problem is that now I
need to extend this to control certain modules within a page.  These modules
are not consistent to a specific page, or even a sequence of pages.  My
first thought is to have each specific module register with the system and
then authenticate against that.  Has anyone set up something along these
lines and have any gotcha's I may be overlooking?  One fear is, since this
will be managed by end users, how to communicate what each "module" actually
is for them to know if they want their users to have access. For example,
within an existing workflow, on the third page in the process is an graph
meant for administrators.  Trying to explain "Process 1 step 3 graph" might
get cumbersome.

Any ideas?

Rich

Rich Kroll