Ray, I'd like to see Avatars, although I call them member photos. =)

I'd like to be able to set multiple levels of poster (moderator,
expert, guest) and be able to distinguish between them on the display
(different color treatments on display for example).

I'd like to be able to control what type of user can create new
[forum|topic|post] in each forum individually.
I'd like to be able to create a new forum, and control via date/time
when that forum goes live.
I'd like to be able to create a new topic, and control via data/time
when it goes live. (When it can be viewed, when it can be responded to
by each type of user)

(I have a very specific symposium need at the moment)