Sorry, I know this thread is a few days old but...

I've done some image manipulateion with CFCs with mixed results.  I used the
Alagad Component and loved being able to do native calls in CF for image
manipulation, but I was dissapointed by the final file sizes of the images,
especially in the case of creating Thumbnails.  Using Image Magick, a
command line program that I gave a CFC interface to, I was able to get final
image sizes that were at least 1/2 the size of the Alagad images (generally
they were closer to 1/10th the size), and with much better quality (i.e., a
500kb image when resized to 50x50 px in Alagad is 20kb, in Image Magick the
same image is 2-3kb).  As such, I only use the Alagad component for
watermarking an image and use Image Magick for everything else.  The only
(big) drawback is that the server has to have Image Magick installed as
well, and I have run into some problems there.

Is anyone else familiar with Image Magick, and how does the final image
quality compare to Massimo's CFC?  I would consider using his component if
the final quality is at least as good, but my first concern is having the
best final product, not the means to get there.

Adrian Showalter
Software Developer
Holmes BizNet
www.HolmesBizNet.com <http://www.HolmesBizNet.com>