On 12/29/05, Les Mizzell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now there's a thought. Keeps your cash flow a little more regular too...

That has been a BIG benefit.  There is literally always money coming
in, and since its weekly the bites you take out of the client are
smaller, which seems to decrease the pain factor for them somewhat.
Plus, if they get behind in a couple of payments it provides an easy
'resting place' for that job, where work resumes when the late
invoices are taken care of.  Keeps you from getting in too deep
without payment, and as importantly the client can easily understand
why work is not progressing, and knows what they need to do to pick it
back up again.  My long-term clients get some slack.  But I usually
won't cross 3 weeks.

Regular weekly billings can be problematic with large organizations
who always seem to have accounting departments staffed by chimps.
Still, I place the burden of feeding the chimps bananas on the
department who has hired me, and they do, in general, deal with it
internally, which is as it should be.

If I were to go monthly that would mean I'd be working up to two
months for free before I had to cut someone off.  Past my pain
threshold.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems