>>Why do we have neat little plastic things to keep our knives, forks,
and spoons
separate?  It's all organization.

The problem is not with idea of "separating", the problem is with "what
you are separating"
Beside forks and spoons, certain religious persons also have two fridges
and two sinks in their
kitchen, because they separate milk products from meat...
I'm not sure it is considered as "best practice" by many other people.

Everybody separate things in applications.
I separate data entry forms from database update templates, from search
results, etc...
Separating logic from display may be good in theory, but it just does
not correspond to reality
when dynamic HTML is involved. If there is no logic in dynamic HTML,
then it's not dynamic anymore.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;