I think your judgment of others not wanting to join your project is a
little off. It's kind of odd to attack others for not sharing desire to
work on a particular project. Why is it that you think everyone in the
community should share YOUR priorities? Why do you think everyone else
should necessarily think the project is important or would be worth
spending their time working on? Maybe if you want cheapie free crap, PHP
is where you should be looking in the first place.

It's not all attributable to laziness. Take me for instance, few people
in this world would ever call me lazy, but you'll certainly not catch me
participating in a project like this. I wish those who do all the best,
but there's just no upside in it for me. It's certainly not something
I'd ever choose to do with my spare time, of which I have very little to
begin with. I work my ass off all day long and then I go home and
concentrate on my #1 priority - kids. Then, in the small amount of spare
time I do have, I'll work on attaining new rental property, playing
hockey and climbing. I can't tell you how far down the list of
leisure-time activities I'd have to go before I found the bullet point,
"working on an open source project."

So, I think it's more a matter of people's priorities than it is with
whether or not they're lazy. Some of you guys like to go home from your
dev jobs and sit in front of a computer and that's fine for you. For
those like me though, we'd have to be forced at gunpoint to stare at a
monitor for more time than it takes to add some new stuff to the iPod
after getting home from a long day at work. I'm guessing that's the main
reason that these projects are difficult to get done and it's hardly
something for which they/we ought to be attacked. If you want to do
something and it's important to you, then why don't you get off YOUR
lazy ass and do it instead of expecting others to get it done and
attacking the community at large for not sharing your desire to work on it.

--Ferg