Munson, Jacob wrote:

>>Sorry Jacob, I can't resist this one. ;)
>>
>><begin shameless plug>
>>
>>Vivio Technologies specializes in CF on Linux hosting with our VPS
>>Accounts and Dedicated servers. We're not a huge operation (currently
>>running with 5 employees - not counting board members) but
>>we're growing
>>extremely fast. Our prices are competitive, our VPS Accounts
>>are secure,
>>and we love what we do. =)
>>
>><end shameless plug>
>>

>Don't be sorry, I'm always glad to find other options.
>
>First of all, you should make Linux more prominent on your site.  If you
>hadn't told me you offer it, I would have gone away because I didn't see
>it on the first few pages I looked at.  Linux is NOT a bad word, a large
>percentage of the web hosting market is on Linux, so be proud to display
>it!  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion! I really appreciate that and will see what I
can do.

>Second, what's this about: "Please note that BlueDragon and ColdFusion
>is NOT AVAILABLE for shared hosting accounts due to security concerns."
>Aside from the grammar error (should be '/are/ not available'), why is
>it a security risk to put CF on a shared hosting box?

This is particular true for BlueDragon as it doesn't currently have a
security sandbox feature, but even with Adobe's ColdFusion server, the
security isn't as good as we'd like it to be. Many of the issues with
the sandbox security have been discussed on this list before. Not to
mention the extraordinary cost difference between Standard and
Enterprise editions.

>There are a lot
>of other companies out there that do it (most are windows though).

This is another reason we don't offer shared hosting accounts with Cold
Fusion. There's a lot of competition in this area. We wanted to focus on
more of a nitch market for our Cold Fusion customers. VPS's and
Dedicated Servers are so much nicer then shared hosting anyway - we
wanted to focus our efforts there instead.

>But I am glad you told me about your service, because that $20/mo is a
>good price for your base VPS root option.  Except your feature list says
>this: "CFMX 7 available as server add-on", how much do you charge for
>that?

BlueDragon Server JX is a free VPS Add-On and CFMX7 is a $35 per month
add-on. More details about these add-ons can be found on our CFML
hosting page here:
http://www.viviotech.net/hosting_cfml.cfm

Thanks for letting me post about our offerings and please feel free to
email us off-list if there's anything more specific that we can help with!

--
Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels