We are in the process of building a robust webmail client, one that
incorporates not only Spam/AV, but one that also dovetails with our CRM
applications for true inbound email automation.  This is critical for
our CRM application, and it will also use Ajax.

In playing with CFPOP and CFMAIL, it is very obvious that we can't use
them.   We are looking at IMail, IMS, some CFX tags, and other solutions
to replace CFPOP and perhaps also CFMAIL. Since this is basically a
webmail system on steroids, and because it MUST run on our CRM Linux
cluster, Windows Email servers and windows-only CFX tags are NOT
acceptable.  We are migrating all of our hosted apps to large clusters
and Windows will not be a part of the clustered environment (including
the DB servers).

So what I am interested in is opinions on both tag-based solutions
(Java?) or email server choices that would be powerful enough to manage
a fair amount of email, and yet also expose more functionality to CF so
that we can process mail better.   An example would be getting some of
the header attributes (like Status) out without having to run regex on
every message (that is not scalable).

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

--
John McKown
President/CEO

We host Fusebox.org, and we build all of our applications in ColdFusion and
Fusebox including our Store-Logic Ecommerce engine and our Team-Logic CRM
platform.