This is one of those situations where I think people are making CF too
Java-esque.  Obviously the thought from Macromedia was that they would
output stuff otherwise, I wouldn't have to put Output="false" on every
frickin function I write.

MVC doesn't rely on the underlying language, so I don't think you'd be
breaking any kind of MVC rule.  Afterall, there were ways of doing MVC
before CFC's came out.

I liken it to the discussion about interfaces in CF.  Now more people
are beginning to realize that you don't need them.  CF has a different
way of dealing with it and they realize the strength of that way now.

So, my thoughts are if you can figure out a way to use CFC's to output
parts of your app and it makes it easier to create/maintain/extend, go
for it.  It's people that push the boundaries that come up with
innovative solutions.