From: Ray Champagne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: from 6 to 7

Hey all:

I'm having an issue with my hosting company that I wanted to run by
everyone.

I've had a site up and running fine at this particular host for quite a
while now.  While it is not the most elegantly coded site (one of my
first large projects), it works fine.  To take advantage of newer
hosting options (more disk space), we migrated this site from a
CF6Win2000 server to a CF7 Win2003 server.  Now it seems like even the
most menial database queries are sometimes timing out.  Mind you, this
is not occurring all the time with the same query, it seems to be
happening with different queries at different times.

I'm now in a debate with said host - they are telling me that it's
because of my coding in general, they say I need to "upgrade" my coding
to adapt to CF7.  I say this is pure BS, a copout answer.  From what I
know, the release of CF7 was more a "features" release, so this
shouldn't matter, right?

Ray