I love these questions :)

I'm using a SAN here but i guess the principles are the same.

Yes, to use clustering in Windows you'll need Windows Enterprise
server. Here's how i have my environment setup.

2 x Windows Standard + CF Standard (Intranet) Load Balanced
2 x Windows Standard + CF Enterprise (Internet) Load Balanced
2 x Windows Enterprise (fileshare) connected via Fibre to SAN Clustered

So, the Fileshares talk to the SAN via Fibre etc etc....and the
fileshares are then presented as NT shares to the webservers and
mapped to the IIS virtual servers. What I've then got is the internet
cluster resources active on one cluster node whilst the internet
resources are active on the other node thereby ensuring that in normal
day to day operation both fileshare boxes are in use and one isn't
sitting dormant.

jb