>I am new to working in a "shared hosting" environment and was wondering
>whether there were any "caveats" concerning the cfcache tag?
>
>Doesn't Cold Fusion automatically cache the templates?

Yes CF can cache the templates, but that is just the template itself so it
doesn't have to be read off the disk again, cfcache caches the output of
the CF server so that the final, generated page can be spat out very quickly.

You need to have some form of control function so that if the content on
the page changes then the cache gets flushed. You also need a _very_ solid
system as if there is an error on the page, that gets cached!  Its a tad
embarrassing to be serving up an CF error message all the time :-)

>Does anyone ue this tag?

We used it in the early days of a Spectra site's development. The
unavoidable errors like cflock time-outs inside Spectra made us give it
away and use the more specific, spectra-based cache tags.

--

Yours,

Kym