Oh, my bad. Whoever wants help with Remoting I can do a Breezo to walk folks
through it.

Since you think it is on topic and the powers that be won't hit me over the
knuckles, I'll respond.

I agree with "test on your own stuff" but when going to a production
environment, hence your clients shared hosting space, you HAVE to test the
site or app you've built within that environment. At this point you could
have bugs running rampit. Most people have sites up that are worse than beta
stuff anyways, in terms of code. That's why I am 100% with you in saying get
a dedicated box if you are worried about others.

The way it sounds, you never put code on a shared server unless you know it
is 100% working and has no bugs. If so, you are rare. So you know, I don't
use shared servers anymore but when I did, and for those I know who still
do, you have to test in the production environment before you can say a
project is ready. While you are testing, IMO, that is a beta version of the
product. or site. Not doing so isn't justice for the product or client.

My opinions...