From: Michael Traher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:37 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Ranking SQL records

well a sort has to be based on some attribute of each record, either a
number you assign as in your example of seniority ( a number could be
assigned to job titles or maybe have a grade column) or as in your second
example of photos being added to a gallery it could be on an existing
column. For the photos what order do you want? could be chronological -
date_added column or by the title of the photo perhaps?

unless I miss the point entirely (which is quite possible :-) you have to
decide the order and based it on one of the columns in the table.

--
Mike T
Blog http://www.socialpoints.com/