Perhaps Adobe should consider a version which lacks
advanced features to offer for free...that would give students something to
play with, learn from, and grow comfortable with. And give small business
(especially single developers) a start with the server, begin to make money,
then invest in more advanced versions.  I see software vendors doing this all
the time.

Would this be something like Adobe's nee Macromedia's Free Developer edition?
This is exactly how I got started with CF back in 1996/97 during the 4.5 days.
And is the version I still do all my development in.  And the developer version
doesn't even lack advanced features, just lacks the ability to be run on a
public server.  But one can get CF hosting accounts for a very reasonable rate
these days, albeit not free.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.