I'm a little confused why'd you'd be using the ODBC connection for this -
isn't there a Native (type 4) driver available from IBM?  The same driver
available for WebSphere should work just fine with CF and you'll get a lot
more support from IBM.

Also note that in general you'll get better support from IBM sticking with a
Java platform that with .NET.

In general I would focus on getting ODBC out of the picture - that's
probably 90% of your problem.

Jim Davis