If you're willing to accept the framework it comes with. :) There's a
complete security suite in the Members onTap plugin that would be able
to provide the kind of access you describe. You would probably need to
implement a RuleManager component to augment the security suite that's
built into the plugin -- which I did in the Blogs onTap sample
application. In fact, the security suite actually lends itself to this
quite well as there's a relatively simple method that can be used in
the application stage to override the default security settings. Thus
a user can have permission to CRUD in general, which can then be
overridden for an individual project at the beginning of the request
to disable C, U, or D. The RuleManager component would then simply
provide a mechanism for layering the security rules (and an interface
for users to assign the 2nd layer) to determine who has access to
which projects. The first layer of permissions is role-based
(although a single user can be a member of multiple roles) -- the
RuleManager components would allow you to assign any kind of logic
you'd like to override the default rules, so it can be role-based but
wouldn't need to be, for example, the Blog can allow you to let a user
edit their own comments or not (at least I think I wrote in that
ability), where the current user being synonymous with the comment
author of course has no relationship to the role system at all.

> CRUD: Create, Read, Update, Delete.

> Does anyone know where I could find information and
> examples of
> applying access control on parts of a web application and
> its data?

> For example: I could have a list of users with permissions
> to projects like so:

> User1:
> RUD: Project 1
> RU: Project 2
> R: Project 3 (Can Read Only Part of the Project)

> User 2
> R: Project 1 (Can Read All of the Project)
> RU: Project 2
> RUD: Project 3

> I have been searching the internet and I have found a
> couple ideas so
> far.  They are:
> 1. Role-Based Access Control
> 2. Discretionary Access Control with Security Descriptor
> and Access Token.

> Are there any others?
> Any ideas?

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201