> As a CF evangelist, it is hard to me using a solution except
> CF. May me I must be more professional. :)

Well, I see it as using a better tool for the task.  ColdFusion is
clearly not good for large text processing tasks.  You can probably find
a work around (sounds like you already did), but Perl is very easy to
pickup, and it absolutely smokes at text processing tasks.  For example,
I have a Perl script that maps database activity for our entire site.
We have 206 cfm files, which average around 260 lines each.  My script
reads in each file, one at a time, and parses the file one line at a
time.  It takes about 6 seconds for the script to run, start to finish.
And that includes reading 206 cfm files from a network drive, and then
writing a separate 206 documentation files to that drive.  ColdFusion
just doesn't compare, when it comes to speed.  At least not yet, but I
have mentioned in surveys that I'd like CF's text processing to be
faster.

I am not suggesting that you replace all your CF code with Perl, just
that Perl rocks for text processing.  ;)

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2