In a nutshell, you should create your working directory that contains
all your source (CFML and Java), along with any configuration stuff.
That's what you will be checking in and out of CVS (though I'd
recommend checking out Subversion instead; it's newer, more feature
rich, and easier to use).  For deployment, you might be able to set up
Eclipse's autodeploy features, but I think that because you're
deploying to CF standalone, you'll have to do it manually with an Ant
task.  Set it up to copy your CFML to the web root, and compile, jar,
and copy your Java classes to CF's WEB-INF/lib directory, and then
restart CF.  Then you can just hit the 'build' button when you want to
push a change, and it'll all magically happen for you.  I believe you
can get around the "restart CF" part with JRun's automatic class
reloading, but I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure.

Not very in-depth, but hopefully that'll give you a push in the right direction.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert