From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: help with list values in db

SELECT
        [column list]
FROM
        [table]
WHERE
        catid LIKE '#ID#'
OR
        catid LIKE '#ID#,%'
OR
        catid LIKE '%,#ID#'
OR
        catid LIKE '%,#ID#,%'

Couldn't that WHERE clause be consolidated into one line such as:

WHERE
        catid LIKE '%#ID#%'

Or is there some performance benefit of using the four variations?  Since
using the LIKE clause can be a performance killer.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.