> > > Does the ability to install a Win98 partition and a Win2K
> > > partition come with Win2K or do we need a third-party utility
> > > to do that?
>
> > You can simply install Win2K to a logical partition within an
> > extended partition, without getting any extra utilities. I think
> > that if you want to set up multiple primary partitions, so that
> > one OS can't directly see the other, which is my personal
> > preference, you'll need something like Partition Magic to create
> >the multiple primary partitions.
> You'll need to use what W2k refers to as a 'Basic' partition
> and make sure it is formatted as FAT16 or FAT32, not NTFS.

Actually, if you keep Win2K (or NT for that matter) on its own partition,
you can use NTFS. I've set it up both within a logical partition and within
a separate primary partition, using NTFS every time.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444