Here is part of the code I use to create emails that are sent out monthly.
I have removed a lot of code, queries and more of the msg being build, but
this should give you an idea.
By no means is this the best example .
But it does work:

<CFOUTPUT query="Qgetteaminfo" group="team">
-----------------Part of the msg being
build---------------------------------------------------------
        <CFSET msg ="For Team Members with Fewer than #holdmaxhours# logged
for period. #chr(13)##chr(10)# #chr(13)##chr(10)#">
        <CFSET msg = msg & "Team: #Qgetteaminfo.team#">
        <CFOUTPUT>
                <CFSET msg = msg & "Team Member:
#Qgetteaminfo.memberName#">
        </CFOUTPUT>

        --------Adds to msg-------------------------
        <CFIF noaction EQ "true">
                        <CFSET msg = msg  &"All Personnel on your team have
logged the required minimum hours for the reporting
period.#chr(13)##chr(10)#">
        </CFIF>
</CFOUTPUT>

CFMAIL here -----<BR>

<cfmail to="emial1" from="fromemail" subject="Logged Hours for Month of:
#mon#" >

                The listed below individuals have logged the indicated hours
to I3MP for the Month of: #mon# #dyear#.
                Please confirm accuracy and provide response NLT 10 days
from receipt.
                Negative response indicates agreement with the hours
reported in this email.
                DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

                #msg#

</cfmail>