Actually, you *can* do that with a "normal" java web app - Struts, in
our case, but i guess a jsp could do it as well.

>> Also, there's some kind of issue with memory not being
>released when you
>> redeploy cf - do it enough times and bang, out of memory error. Which
>
>We don't see that here- our memoray graph is fairly flat with time.
>I assume asking you if you are up to date with O/S, WL and CF
>patches is
>obvious ?

All up to date for CF6.1 - and, again, the problem only affects
(re)deploying the cfmx app, not other java apps on the same wl server.

>> Then, there's the occasional null pointer exception being thrown from
>> the middle of code you haven't touched in donkey's years. solution:
>> bounce the app or better yet, the server. Thank god that
>only happens in
>> dev... so far.
>
>Oddness.
>Does it look like:
>Thread Stack Trace:
>    at mmGetObjectSize+8()@0x40298908
>    at mmGetPossibleMovedObjectSize+26()@0x40298942
>    at setAsLastObj+31()@0x40292313
>    at findNext+205()@0x402923f1
>    at findNextToReturn+24()@0x40292430
>    at refIterGetNext+40()@0x402924a0
>    at trProcessRootsForThread+92()@0x40290a2c
>    at tsMarkAllRootsForThread+44()@0x40307040
>    at mmGenCon1ThreadInspection+30()@0x4029fc32
>    at tsDoGCInspectionForAllThreads+55()@0x40306f9b
>    at mmGenCon1ProcessThreadRoots+24()@0x4029fc50
>    at mmGenConMark+43()@0x402a0453
>    at mmConMark+48()@0x4029f7c4
>    at mmGCMainEP+80()@0x4029b058
>
>by any chance ?
>We're getting that for some reason on *one* of the dev machines.

Can't recall off the top of my head, will copy and paste the next one i
see and send it to you.

/t