>I realize that the STOP alone doesn't have an effect on the currently
>executing page - but didn't CF (pre-MX I guess) used to stop the current
>request when it saw a new request from the same browser?  I'm pretty sure
>that I used to be able to stop runnaway pages by hitting STOP and then
>browsing to another CF page - but maybe I'm just halucinating.

No. There are a lot better tools for tracking what's happening in processes
w/CFMX than there ever was in earlier versions.

The one exception to CF killing a thread when a connections is closed might
be if you were using CFFLUSH to dump the output stream to the browser. It's
possible if the browser has killed the connection and the CFFLUSH goes to
process and can't dump out the output stream, that it'll therefore error and
kill the process. I have not tested this though, but I could see CF erroring
if the connection has closed.

-Dan