I assume you're saying that Apache won't even restart after CF has
been installed.  Have you checked /var/log to see if the logs tell you
anything?  CF modifies your httpd.conf file to apply several
LoadModule directives.  You might want to take a look at those to see
if anything looks out of sorts.

I haven't installed CF on Apache for a while now, but those are things
I've seen in past efforts.

You might also try uninstalling the wsconfig for Apache and see if
that allows Apache to restart.