From: Joel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 May 2006 00:54
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Big SQL security hole at Crystaltech?

Hi Guys,

The script you are after is
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889696/en-us
(Run this script at your own risk, and pls test it on a dev server before
running on a prod server)

it only works on SQL 2000.

I don't think they is one for 2005, haven't had much time to play with 2005
yet.

By default guest is assigned to all the DB's hence everyone has access to
all the DB on the server if you have access via EM, pls remove Guest from
all DB's, now you will see only a list of DB's via EM and wont have access
to them.

I think they are two system DB's that you cant remove Guest from.

Russ what side effects have you come across from running the MS script
(hopefully I didn't read your post wrongly)?

If anyone can share any info about 2005, that would be great.

Joel