> As for saying Oracle/DB2/MySQL are a lot better than MS SQL
> Server, not so
> much. SQL Server is far, far easier to configure, manage
> and maintain than
> Oracle and DB2, and has tons of functionality; MySQL is
> just catching up.
> Overall, for many CF developers, MS SQL Server is arguably
> the best option.

Well, if you are talking about ease of use, I'd not argue.  But the
current discussion is about security.  Would you ever see Oracle/DB2
turn on the admin account and leave the password blank by default?  No,
but SQL Server did.  How about the original topic of this thread?  I
don't think Oracle/DB2 would by default allow any guest to get in and
see your DBs and objects.  I'm not a SQL Server admin expert, so I'm
just going by what's been said here, and personally I'd tend to avoid
SQL Server, because if it's security record.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.