Couldn't have said it better :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 May 2006 16:09
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Big SQL security hole at Crystaltech?

> I really am perplexed as to why the majority of CF users use
> Windows/MSSQL (at least from what I've seen).  You'd think with such a
> strong affinity for MS products, they'd be using ASP.Net as well, but
> that's not the case.  I know, I know, CF is a LOT better than ASP.Net,
> but I could say the same thing about Oracle/DB2/MySQL vs. MSSQL, but
> that doesn't change anything.  <shrug>

CF predates ASP and ASP.NET by many years. I suspect that if this were not
the case, there would be far fewer CF programmers. I remember when Windows
NT Magazine put up their web site, using CF, because that's what was
available. During CF's existence, Microsoft has promoted about four
different ways to develop web applications; there were two technologies
prior to classic ASP.

As for saying Oracle/DB2/MySQL are a lot better than MS SQL Server, not so
much. SQL Server is far, far easier to configure, manage and maintain than
Oracle and DB2, and has tons of functionality; MySQL is just catching up.
Overall, for many CF developers, MS SQL Server is arguably the best option.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction
at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore,
Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.