That's kinda like "UNIX/Linux fans" who will use Unix based stuff no matter
how much of a PIA it is, right?

Eric...who love MS, but uses the best product...

-----Original Message-----
From: Munson, Jacob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 09 May 2006 17:06
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Big SQL security hole at Crystaltech?

> Maybe the problem is that you're talking to "Microsoft fans", whoever
> they are. Most users of Windows, or almost any other product for that
> matter, aren't fans - they may be satisfied customers, but they're not
> fanatic about their choices.

"Microsoft fans" is just my personal term for people that will use Microsoft
for everything, regardless of how bad the product is when compared to the
competition.  For example, a colleague of mine and I went to a BI class
together earlier this year.  The class focused on MS Analysis Services, but
part of the class covered reporting tools.  The teacher told us that
Reporting Services 2000 is very good for end users, but is pretty painful
for developers.  The instructor was a guy that had a lot of experience with
RS 2000.  Last month my colleague proceeded to install and configure RS to
use for a project, and I reminded him of what we learned in our class.  But
it didn't matter to him, and even though he literally spent a week trying to
get it to do the things he needed, he still insists on using RS for his
project.  Why?  Because he is what I like to call a Microsoft fan.  It's the
same thing with me and the Chicago Cubs.  It doesn't matter how bad they
suck, I still like to root for them and watch their games.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.