Reading this I know it might sound like an Apache bug, but I only get
the undesired behavior when I request certain types of CFM pages. Please
read and help me!.....

SYMPTOM
---------
Web browser seems to lose connection with the web server when making CFM
requests that take a long time (over 10 seconds) to process.

FIREFOX SIDE EFFECT
--------------------
When the apparent connection with the web server breaks, Firefox prompts
me to download my "index.cfm" file.

INTERNET EXPLORER SIDE EFFECT
------------------------------
When the apparent connection with the web server breaks, Internet
Explorer makes a second request passing all of the same data a second
time.

OTHER CLUES
-----------
- This problem has surfaced in two unrelated parts (meaning there is no
shared code) of one web application and in another web application as
well.
- This problem has occurred in a simple 3 page site that I wrote.
- The problem seems to occur when CFMX is busy doing something like
looping over a file write or trying to cache a large query object.
- I could not reproduce this behavior when testing requests to a page
that did a 45 second pause.
- Although the web server seems to cut the connection with the browser,
the CFML requests appear to finish because I'm usually able to verify
that the thread finished what it was supposed to do on the server

SERVER SOFTWARE
---------------
Windows 2003 Server
Apache 1.3.33
CFMX 7,0,1,116466

WHAT I'VE ALREADY TRIED
-----------------------
- I check the Windows Event Log, Apache error and access log, and the
ColdFusion logs, and the Jrun logs. I'm not able to find any information
that seems to be related to this problem in any of these logs.
- I have a copy of SeeFusion that I've recently installed (after the
problem had started) and it's not able to reveal any clues
- I did an HTTP trace with "HttpLook" and I'm able to verify IE is
making a second POST at the server action page 15-20 seconds after I've
pushed the submit button. I'm talking about forms that have no special
javascript submit functionality.

HELP!
Thank you,
Jon

This electronic message transmission contains information from Collegiate
Funding Services, LLC or its subsidiaries or affiliates that may be
confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of
only the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail
@cfsloans.com immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your
system and any copies you may have made, electronic or otherwise.