On 6/2/06, Ian Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Your frames idea might work if they want to look at a few at a time - not
> sure if it would work well with lots of docs.
>
> Thanks again, Peter
>
> I suspect any solution is going to get costly with lots of docs,
> especially lots of large documents.

AJAX! Yeah, I can't say it enough today, I guess, but it really is pretty
cool. JavaScript, that is.

This is a perfect place for it too... much like the livegrid.  See, how the
live grid works is it grabs whatever records are in the viewport, plus some
above and below, then you can scroll around and load data as you need it,
vs. populating the whole list.

Similar concept for this problem would be pretty easy.  Load up a doc, and a
couple above and below, using JS or whatever you'd like, and that way it
will appear that all the docs are open, when really only the "near" ones
are. And since you're loading data in the background, maybe with a little

If they're all PDF the idea of concatting them is pretty good too,
potentially (Depending on sizes and server hardware/memory, etc.).

Eh, more ideas at least.
:d