>  >>How about a hidden form field that gets populated with the current
> date/time
> on form submission?  Then you could parse it and compare it
> to Now() on your
> action/upload page.
>
> Except that the field will contain the client side time, which can be
> completely different from the serve time.

On that note, don't forget that it takes time to fill out the form.
Even if it's just a simple file upload form, it might take the user a
couple of minutes to find the file.  If your start time was created by
ColdFusion, you're going to have some 'user lag' in the overall upload
time.  The best solution I've heard mentioned is to use a simple ajax
call to get and/or store a time value that comes from the server, and
then compare to that when CF loads the landing page.  Some good places
to store the start time have already been mentioned.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.