All you need to do is delete it in Windows Explorer. There is no "remove" for
whole projects. You can delete individual files in a project by right-clicking
on them, and selecting "delete", which deletes them permanently from VS and the
file system.

If, for some reason, this doesn't work, you can also delete a project
programmatically. Let me know if you need to do this, and I can send you the
code.

Why the instructions are wrong, I don't know. That's definitely frustrating.
I've had a lot of luck with the Apress books for learning both Visual Studio
and .NET. MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/) is usually an excellent
source as well.

Lastly, I'm tempted to defend ASP.NET/Visual Studio, especially based on your
Subject line, but I don't want to start a flame war. I will say that I
absolutely love both CF and .NET.

Dave Gruska