If I understand #1 properly then what we do (using CVS but principals are
the same) is;

change n files to do the fix
test
apply a tag to entire project
checkout entire project using tag, to a temp folder
use rsync to update the production site - only n files will actually be
copied

I have noticed that for CVS, Eclipse has a 'create patch...' option which
may do what you need - not sure if that is also available within SVN
plugin.....