I haven't had to try this with CF, but with SQL Server, we use Domain
Accounts to run all the services and perform similar file copy functions.
You can then grant the Domain account the appropriate permissions on all
the servers.

Terry

"J W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/12/2006 03:04 PM
Please respond to
cf-talk@houseoffusion.com

CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
cc

Subject
CFFile copy, bigtime permissions issue..

Man has this been driving me up a wall today....

Here is how it worked.
CFFILE copy a file from webserver1 to webserver2 from webserver2. Just a
plain windows workgroup, both running windows 2000 server, and mx6.1.
Coldfusion running from the local account.
\\srv-webserver1\whateverdirectory\file.txt type paths.

Here is how its all screwed up. :)

I replaced Webserver1 with a new windows 2003 standard webserver w/ all
new
hardware and renamed it differently. I also hooked both up to join our
office domain.

Now when I cffile copy over I get this

The cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
\\srv-webserver1\I_DRIVE\Export\somedirectory\whatever.txt (Access is
denied).

I am guessing permissions. Here is the kicker. Can browse to that file and
have it come up in a text editor no problem, but I get this permissions
error with cold fusion. I have tried every which way but sunday to try to
get this right and still it gives me this error. I am about to rip my hair
out...

ANyone else run into this and how did you solve it?? any help would be
appreciated. Need more details, let me know.

THanks,
Jeff