From: Daniel Kessler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:54 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: application variables

I'm doing something obviously wrong but can't seem to see it.

In my Application.cfm, I declare a variable and in a page, I use it.
But it's not showing up.  The page at first displayed the
information, but it's not doing so now.  I have a cfapplication tag
in the Application file and it had a sessiontimeout, and when I
removed the timeout, I stopped getting the var.  Putting it back in
didn't seem to help.  BTW, I am putting this in the request scope and
I was told to do that years ago, but I never knew why and just do it
cause I was told.  What is the request scope?

Here's my code.

Application.cfm
<cfapplication sessionmanagement="yes" setclientcookies="yes"
name="career_expo" clientmanagement="Yes"
sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,1,0,0)#">

<cfif NOT structKeyExists(session,'user')>
        <cfset session.user = duplicate(variables.foo)>
</cfif>

<cfset request.the_year = '2006'>
<cfset request.the_date = 'May 4'>

Page Code:

10 am - 1 pm<br></span>

I'm just trying to put the information that I have displayed in
several places into one place to make it easy to change.

thanks.