From: Russ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 June 2006 19:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Framework suggestions

We are in need to build a fairly sophisticated system in a few months.  This
system will have a CMS, thousands of blogs (which need to be editable from
the front end), thousands of forums (with thousands of moderators
responsible for their own forums), personal pages, etc.  Basically a mini
myspace.

We are looking for a good framework to use.  We have an existing in-house
framework that provides some of this functionality, but we feel like we've
outgrown it, and would like to start using one of the open source frameworks
out there.

So we've been thinking of using FarCry CMS (which I believe is a framework),
and integrating blogCFC and one of the CF forums with it (galleon possibly).

Does anyone have any thoughs?  Whatever products we pick would need to be
integrated with session replication so that they could be load balanced
through several servers.  As far as I remember, ColdFusion 7 doesn't
session-replicate cfc's yet, so any products that use session cfc's would
probably have that part rewritten, so I would rather avoid them if possible.

Russ