>>First, it's not language specific. This is the weakest point because not
many people care whether or not they can move their controller layer between
different languages, but it sounds nice.

You're taking the words right out of my mouth ;-/

 >>Second, [...] the limited XML syntax
forces you to stand back and think about your application.

OK, so it's better because it's limited?

 >>Third, it's easier to parse.

Oh noooo, please, not again with this old BS!
This was the main point with people claiming advanges of Pascal:
it's easier to compile!
But please, c'mon, since when the purpose of a language is to be parsed
or compiled?
A language exists to make applications easier to develop for developers,
period!
Whether it is formal or not, easier or more difficult for the programer
to write a parser, is completely insignificant.

 >>This is what gives a lot of the performance benifits over FB 3.

OK, it may be less worse the FB3, but the question is "is it any better
than plain vanillia CF?"

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;